Session proposals due by June 15th!
The Nonprofit Legal, Finance and Grants Conference is fast approaching! This expert-led, two-day intensive training event will take place on September 22-23rd, virtually. We are currently searching for high quality sessions and speakers to present at the event.
The conference is designed specifically for CFO’s, CEO’s, directors, comptrollers, counsel and accountants of nonprofit organizations. Nonprofit sectors in attendance include foundations, associations, philanthropic, government, cultural, religious, health, educational, social welfare, civic and fraternal organizations. Attorneys, accountants and others who provide critical services to these sectors are all present in force as well.
The Nonprofit Legal, Finance and Grants Conference will include three 30-minute general sessions and six 90-minute long breakout sessions happening over the course of two full days.
Each session will be presented by 1-3 speakers giving a PPT presentation (other formats may be okay with advance approval). Please note there is a strong likelihood that all of the event sessions will be recorded and distributed later on.
Guidelines to Submit a Proposal:
1. Please review the type of attendees that will be present at the event.
2. Indicate the type of session you wish to present (panel, PPT presentation, Group Activity, etc).
3. List the specific track for which you are applying to speak (general session, legal track, finance track, or grants track)
4. List the proposed title of your session and provide a short paragraph about what content will be provided to attendees and why they need to know about it.
5. List 4-6 specific learning objectives for your session
6. List all the proposed session speakers, including their full names, titles, organization, bio, photo, and email.
7. Include any relevant/helpful materials from previous presentations (optional).
8. Send to Jamie Herring (email@example.com) by June 15th. You will hear if your session was approved or not by June 19th.
We are looking for a wide range of high-level legal, finance, and grants compliance information. Topics can include legal ethics, tax updates and form filing best practices, financial security, budgeting and forecasting, investments, reserves, new regulations, strategic IT decisions for finance professionals, finance/tech tools, subrecipient monitoring, internal controls, etc.
Sessions must be appropriate and interesting for high-level staff, and they must be as nonprofit specific as possible. Speakers should have experience presenting at other events. For any sessions presented by vendors/consultants, we strongly encourage a nonprofit or association executive co-speaker to be included as a case study. Sessions that provide concrete take-aways, real case studies, best practices, how-to info, and other actionable items are preferred.
Please email session proposals or any questions to Jamie McPadden (firstname.lastname@example.org) by June 15th. Session selections will be given by June 21st.